Written by 7:26 pm Society

UNRWA denies Moroccan employee deaths in Gaza strikes

Spread the love



A credible source from the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees (UNRWA) has refuted claims of Israeli airstrikes causing the death of Moroccan nationals employed by the agency in Gaza. 

The UNRWA responded to reports circulating in the media about the alleged death of five Moroccan citizens working for it due to an Israeli Defense Forces strike on the Al-Fakhoura school in Gaza late last November.

The source told Hespress online that the agency’s dedicated security and human resources office verified the information, confirming that no Moroccans were among the casualties.

Last Thursday, the agency responsible for Palestinian refugees released a statement revealing the loss of 146 of its staff since October 7th, with nearly two million people displaced across Gaza during this period. 

The same source said that approximately 1.4 million displaced Palestinians seek refuge in 154 UNRWA facilities throughout Gaza’s provinces, emphasizing that 1.78 million displaced individuals receive assistance from the agency.

Moroccans in Gaza unaffiliated with UN Missions are still being repatriated.

Three batches of Moroccans have been evacuated to Egypt via the Rafah crossing since the start of the Gaza bombings, with the help of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation, and Moroccans Residing Abroad.

The first batch successfully repatriated 112 Moroccan individuals, the second batch transported 60, and the last batch transferred 74.

However, diplomatic sources previously informed Hespress that more than 614 Moroccans wish to leave Gaza, implying that about half of those trapped had yet to be evacuated.

Since the start of Israeli attacks on the sieged strip, only one Moroccan was confirmed dead by authorities.

Visited 1 times, 1 visit(s) today

Spread the love
Étiquettes : , , , , , , Last modified: janvier 16, 2024
Close Search Window
Close